Sunday, July 3, 2011

Skoll


Skoll is a level 80 non-hostile rare mob with 18,900 health. He can be found in the Storm Peaks in several different locations which are indicated in blue below. This npc is not part of any achievements (most likely because he is a tamable hunter pet). He drops Skoll's Fang which is a level 78 bind on equip main hand dagger item with a random enchant. Like other Northrend rares, he also drops Abandoned Adventurer's Satchel, which generally contains about 20 gold, a full stack of frostweave cloth, and often times a few crystallized elements.

Skoll is a tamable hunter pet. Please note that because he is a hunter pet that even though you may not have seen Skoll before in Storm Peaks it doesn't mean that he isn't already cached by NPCScan. If a hunter has this tamed pet out near you, your NPCScan will cache it. If it is cached in NPCScan and this rare is up your alert will not go off. Be sure to check and clear your cache often!

Also, please have some courtesy. If you come across this mob and a hunter is in the process of taming it - leave them be. Hunters, in order to lessen the chances of someone snagging Skoll while you are taming, hit him first so that you tag him. If a passer-by notices that the mob is grey'd out they are probably more likely to continue on their way.

Please note that because Skoll is a spirit beast, he can only be tamed by hunters that have the top-tier talent from the Beast Mastery tree Beast Mastery which allows the taming of exotic pets.



Skoll only has one special ability when fighting him, which is a pounce. He really is quite trivial, but I recommend leaving him alone so that hunters can tame him. (I did not kill him in the video below for that exact reason.) When tamed his special ability is Roar of Courage with the bonus ability Spirit Walk.





11 comments:

  1. You have called Skoll "Skarr" in the 4th paragraph down, I know you mean Skoll but thought i'd say anyway :)
    I rather like this guide, very informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, ty for letting me know. Nobody proof reads what I'm posting so I appreciate it. Edit on the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have best spawn location for Skoll on the Aman'Thul server?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know there is not a location where he'd be more likely to spawn. I'm pretty sure it's completely random. I personally have seen him more near the Brunnhildar Village spawn point, but the only reason is probably because I fly over that area a lot.

      Delete
  4. It took me less then an hour to get Skoll :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually looking at this forum when camping him on a point, I decide to open WoW back up and bang! NPCscan goes off and I have a gorgeous blue lighting wolf named Dexter c:

    ReplyDelete
  6. found Skoll on my B-day, pet killed it :'( but got it after 5 days loging on and of :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I've just acquired myself a level 90 hunter, and I'm a little confused about the whole thing, I''m so used to being a druid haha. So what do you actually do when you find Skoll? dismiss your pet and use the 'tame beast' button or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes. That's exactly what you need to do. Camp without a pet, and make sure you have room in your stable!

      Delete
  8. do you know what time does skoll usually spawn?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was flying at every spawn point, after 3 maybe 4 hours i found him but I realize i'm low lvl. I'm literally going to cry :'( And i cant exp more becauce i play this with my Bf....

    ReplyDelete