Sunday, July 1, 2012

Grand Expedition Yak & Grey/Blonde Riding Yak Preview


Grand Expedition Yak, aka the new Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
Yeah, it's not a rare spawn I know. Heck, it's not even a rare drop, but I just love mounts like this and wanted to share because I'm super excited about it. The Grand Expedition Yak is the Mists of Pandaria version of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. It comes with two vendors, and when the vendors are ejected it can carry two additional passengers.

The Grand Expedition Yak can be purchased from Uncle Bigpocket the Used Yak Salesgrummle at the Grummle Bazaar in Kun-Lai Summit. His pockets need to be big because this mount is looking like it's going to be another massive gold sink - which I totally approve of by the way. =)

Uncle Bigpocket, Yak Vendor

Red X = Where Uncle Bigpocket the Yak Vendor is Located
The Grand Expedition Yak originally cost 60k gold to purchase (before reputation discount), but most likely because of Blizzard's recent decision to make all gold-sink mounts account wide they have upped the price to a whopping 120,000 gold. It seems as if gaining reputation with the Grummles will lower the cost though. Notice how in the screenshot below the cost is 108,000 for my character. 

Reputation Discount
The vendors that the Grand Expedition Yak comes with are two little Grummles named Cousin Slowhands and Mystic Birdhat. Cousin Slowhands will repair your gear and he currently sells a variety of items including food, water, 14-slot bags and wood. I'd like to note that some of the food he sells is buff food, which I thought was quite interesting. If you look at the screenshot below you can see that the Tangy Yogurt gives a +200 haste buff and costs a mere 24silver. Mystic Birdhat will reforge your gear for you, naturally there is a fee.


Click to Enlarge
When the Grummle vendors are ejected, just like the one's on the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, they will often say all sorts of curious things to convey their displeasure. My personal favorite that I've seen so far is the one in the screenshot below. 


Bah ha ha ha ha! The first thing I thought of when I saw that was playing Oregon Trail back when computers were half the size of a room. For nostalgia sake. ~



Well, enough of that. There are also two other mounts that you can purchase from Uncle Bigpocket, and those are the Grey Riding Yak and the Blonde Riding Yak.

Grey Riding Yak
Blond Riding Yak
I really like how both of these models look, and they are quite affordable at only 3k gold. With my reputation discount they were 2,700g. They currently seem to be missing sound when they rear up, I'm assuming that we be added in the near future. They also look kind of funny when they run, almost as if they were on steroids or something...

If you would like to see all three of these mounts in action check out the video below.




8 comments:

  1. I think with the full rep discount on the travel yak it will be 96K. But I'm sure by then the amount won't seem too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If you think about it this way, 96k or even 120k in mop would honestly probably be on par with the price of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth back in Wotlk. Coughing up 16 -20k back then was quite a bit for a lot of people. Now 16 - 20k is not a whole lot. I'm so very glad to see another gold sink like this. Some of this gold has just got to leave the economy.

      Delete
  2. And I remember thinking paying 8,000 or so for the Ring of the Kirin Tor was bad, lol. Hopefully by the time I get there 100,000 will seem like nothing. Hard to believe but here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I remember that, that ring really did seem like a fortune a couple of years ago. Start saving now!!! ;)

      Delete
  3. I already have 120k set aside for one.

    Gonna gold cap in the first few weeks of mop so I'll need to dunp some anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, gold secrets, you may want to know. Just incase yall are like huh, how the?

    Herb farm 24/7 in new zones on xpac release especially between 12 am and 8 am. Have maxed alch elixer master, make flasks and sell.

    2nd

    Have a miner / jewel crafter.

    Mine, 24/7 while your flasks are posted on the ah,seling. prospect the new ore, cut and sell, red int, agil, and strength gems mostly and craft jewlery of the new nature, de the greens and sell the ench mats, sell the blues on ah.

    Made 600k doing that when cata came out in 5 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like sound advise, thanks a bunch for sharing! =)

      Delete