Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mogolympics, Representin' Undercity

For anyone unaware, JD, co-founder of Mog Madness and author of Amateur Azerothian is hosting a transmog competition in the spirit of the Olymics called the Transmogolymics. Unfortunately I missed Mog Madness, but I highly enjoyed looking at the entries. This time, I am NOT going to miss it because I absolutely LOVE transmogging and the categories look really fun! ^-^

Image courtesy of Amateur Azerothian
There are nine different medal events, and the categories are as follows:

Archery – Build an outfit around your favourite bow.
Cycling – Build a biker outfit to compliment the Chopper. It must be either Leather or Mail.
Discus – Build an outfit around one of the shield skins seen here
Equestrian – Build an outfit to compliment one of the horse mounts in the game. (Faction limitations apply, so no Orcs on a Stormwind pony)
Fencing – Time for some swordplay. Build your best outfit around the 1h sword of your choice.
Javelin – Build an outfit around the polearm of your choice.
Hammer Throw – Build an outfit around your favourite two-handed hammer.
Wrestling – We’re going to deviate from olympic wrestling and go to the sports entertainment aspect instead. Using one of the “championship” belts, design your own Azerothian pro wrestler. Think of the oversized belts, such as the Firemend Cinch seen here.
Freestyle – Build your own NPC. Could be an innkeeper, could be the Green Orc Lantern. Doesn’t matter.


Upon entering each participant is assigned a random faction, and they need to create a flag-bearer for their faction using that faction's colors. Boy was I excited to get assigned Undercity, and Ironstevo was just thrilled when I asked him to be my flag carrier! Of course he still can't wear any gear with stats, so he was kind enough to let me use his model in MogIt to come up with something worthy of representing the forsaken.

Ironstevo representing Undercity
I have already started dabbling with a few outfits (which I cannot post here), and ultimately I can't wait to see what other people come up with for these categories (especially the biker outfits and wrestling ones). Judging by who has already signed up, I think there will definitely be some amazing entries. All I have to say is I'm glad I'm not one of the judges for this because I bet they'll have a tough time for sure.

There are already over 20 people signed up for this competition and there is still room for more, so if you love transmogging and haven't signed up yet check it out! The current list of challengers can be seen here: Mogolympics. Tome of the Ancient also has some of the latest gossip on the event here: Transmogolympics.

You can also read the full rules and sign up here: Transmogolympics

7 comments:

  1. Ironstevo's looking good as Undercity's Flagbearer! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but stare at his pointy shoulders. Nice job on the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. =)

    I told Ironstevo he could pick something a little more spectacular, but he insisted that because this was the Olympics he just HAD to be ready to sweat! Boy is he going to be surprised when he finds out what this contest is really about! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks great, the headband adds a wonderful athletic touch. Undercity definitely has one of the best tabards in game, shame we Alliance can't "borrow" it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad Ironstevo is your flag-bearer, he deserves it. Looking good Stevo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, that is spot on awesome. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete