Friday, July 6, 2012

Stonetalon Mountains Rare Spawns

The Stonetalon Mountains are a range of peaks that lie between Ashenvale and Desolace. This zone is also home to five rares. 

Taskmaster Whipfang can be found on the scaffolding just north of Cragpool Lake, and if you look closely his weapons are two hot iron pokers. ;)

Nal'taszar, a neutral mob to both factions, shares the same model as the Sprite Darter Hatchling. I'd like to note that he does not drop the actual hatchling, the hatchling pet can be found in Feralas from the Sprite Darter Egg

Sorrow Wing is a lone blue wyvern that flies near the road by the Sludgewerks. He also looks like an unarmored version of the Armored Blue Wind Rider.

Brother Ravenoak, is a druid that can be found channeling a spell in front of the moonwell in Stonetalon Peak. Like Nal'taszar, he is attackable by both factions since the shattering.

Sister Riven can be found flying all by herself, and is the only harpy left in what remains of the Charred Vale. (One of the places I used to fear most when I began playing.)

Click Map to Enlarge
All five rares as you'll find them in the world. ~

Taskmaster Whipfang, Nal'taszar & Sorrow Wing

Brother Ravenoak & Sister Riven
WoW Ironman Challenger Ironsteva the warrior taking down each of these rares. ~



7 comments:

  1. There are actually more than just that one added in 5.1. I covered them in this post: Stonetalon Mountains - Tamable Rares added in 5.1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that your helping ppl by letting them know where these rare pets are but you didn't put any info on if they are tameable if a hunter has beast master or exotic master abilities I tried tameing Brother Ravenoak and it says not tameable I am a level 53 and he is only 29 I have beast master tame ability but I have no idea if he is exotic or what cause I can't even use beast lore on him o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother Ravenoak is a druid...you can't tame druids.

      Delete
  3. Would help if there were more details in your descripts on where these pets are like for instance when I went looking for sorrow wing I was all the way up by sludgewerks building since the dot on your map shows it very close to there then I went on google and it showed him as being around a bend a bit right before sludgewerks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only did I show him in the correct spot on the map, I also have a written description above the map as to where he can be found. :/

      Delete
  4. Ummm you have brother Ravenoak up as if he were a tamable hunter pet your page does say Rare spawns -_- So yes it would lead hunters to think they can catch all the rares you did state that you do this to help ppl find the rare pets for hunters on your main page before this one

    ReplyDelete