Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hunters - Tame a Gorishi Grub while you still can!

The Gorishi Grub in all it's glory
This is the Gorishi Grub. He's big. He's green. Quite frankly, he's awesome - and he may only be tamable for a little while longer. The Gorishi Grub has been in the game for eons, but had never been tamable until patch 5.1 hit. Perhaps he was never meant to be though? In the patch 5.2 ptr he can no longer be tamed. Whatever the case may be, if your even remotely interested in this guy you better snag him while you still have a chance!

Well, how do I tame this guy and where do I find him? I'm glad you asked. This ridiculously awesome looking worm spawns from level 54 rare named Clutchmother Zavas in Un'Goro Crater.


To get a grub to spawn, all you need to do is walk up to her until she notices you. Don't attack her please, just aggro her so that she'll begin laying eggs.


These eggs are where our cute little Gorishi Grubs are going to come from.


When an egg hatches simply tame the cute little grub that was inside - and make sure your in beast mastery spec, as he is exotic! (I chose to freeze Clutchmother Zavas while I tamed the grub, and then ran away afterwords so as not to kill her. I highly suggest doing the same so that as many people can have a shot at this pet as possible.)

Also, (thank you Starre for pointing this out in the comments) I completely forgot to mention - put your new grub on passive the moment you finish taming it. If you don't put him on passive right away he will destroy his mother. :(


When your done taming the grub grows pretty much a bazillion times the size it was pre-tame. I have a feeling though, that even if we can keep this pet in patch 5.2 it's not going to remain this size.


The exact location you can find Clutchmother Zavas at is in southern Un'Goro Crater in The Slithering Scar.

Click map to Enlarge
She is underground in the location marked on the map below. Basically when you run inside just take your first left and she spawns in that room.

Click map to Enlarge
Her spawn timer is several hours, so as I mentioned before - if your looking to tame this grub please don't kill her. The more people leave her alone, the more chances everyone will have of finding her alive and snagging this awesome pet.

I threw together a quick fraps video of the tame as well to better illustrate what I just babbled on about. Enjoy.


19 comments:

  1. Thanks for the head's up! Just got me one, she was up and I left her alone for others. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grats on your tame, and ty for leaving her there! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this! I had no idea he'd become tameable in 5.1. Off to see the Silithid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it was never supposed to be tamable, or at least in the size he is now. Either way I think hes worth a stable slot just in case they take it away. GL!

      Delete
  3. Evidently the word is out. By this morning she was gone and i'm in the long wait for respawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't feel like waiting a few hrs, I'd just come back early the next few mornings when far less people are on. That's when I found her up. Good luck with your tame! :)

      Delete
  4. Guess where my hunter is heading to next! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I didn't even know it existed, my Hunter is off to catch a grub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GL Tome, I hope she's up! This pet will turn some heads for sure! Well, at least until they make it tiny... grumble grumble

      Delete
  6. Cool info Euphyley. I just headed down after reading this, but she wasn't up. Maybe that's for the best as I only have one stable slot left. ;-) I might have to level another hunter just for more pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I did exactly that when I ran out of stable slots. They definitely need to add more for sure. For me half the fun of the hunter class is collecting rare and interesting pets. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah that was the main reason I leveled the first one. I like hunting rare stuff in game whether it's actual rares or the treasures or mounts or whatever. I managed to snag the pet tonight, so thanks again.

      Delete
  7. whats the spawn timer on this clutchmother ive seen some say 2 hours but ive been in spot over 3 hours??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If people have seen it in 2 hours, that could possibly be the minimum time. Max could be anywhere from 3 to 5 is my guess if she's anything like other rares around her level.

      Delete
  8. I managed to add the big green monster to my stable after two spawns and more than five hours waiting it out. Thank you Euphyley for excellent directions - we did have one issue and I don't think I saw it mentioned in your post but maybe I missed it. New tames must be passified quickly or they kill the mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sorry about that. I passified mine in the video but completely forgot to mention it in the post. TY for pointing that out - edit on the way!

      oh, and GRATS on your new pet! :D

      Delete
  9. Looks like I was too late lol. I really want one now :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. can not tame....Im feeling very sad about this

    ReplyDelete