Friday, August 10, 2012

The Darkmoon Rabbit

I was strolling along the beach of Darkmoon Island a couple of days ago when I stumbled upon a cute little bunny. "Awwwwww, how adorable" I thought, "What's this poor little bunny doing out here all by it's lonesome self?"


I watched him clean his face with his cute little paws for a while, and scratch himself with his big poofy bunny feet. After a long preening session, he turned and started nibbling on something beneath him. I wondered..."what could he be eating on the beach? I hadn't noticed any grass or other greenery nearby..." That's when I started to open my eyes. It was like a light-switch suddenly turned on in my brain. I noticed bones littering the beach and cave nearby, the cute little bunnies face was covered in red; and something told me it wasn't from strawberries and fruit punch flavored popsicles... I targeted him, and my heart nearly stopped as I saw the "skull" on this little guy's portrait and 174M health. I backed away slowly hoping that I wouldn't alert him of my presence.






What we have here is the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on.

Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide; it's a killer!

He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!





That's right, there's only one rabbit that this could be, and something tells me that we're not going to have the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to help dispatch of him.


Or maybe we will? ... Indalamar's New Holy Hand Grenade ???

So yeah anyway, it would seem that this terrifying yet adorable Darkmoon Rabbit is actually the rabbit (or a close cousin of the rabbit) from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. This world boss, the fight itself and the achievement are all based on scenes from the movie. 

This adorable little bunny boss can be found on the Darkmoon Island, when the Darkmoon Faire is in Town once a month. He spawns near the cave by the beach on the south-eastern side of the island. You'll know your in the right spot when you see skeletons strewn about. If you don't see him up at first, do a /target Darkmoon Rabbit just in case. He's so darn tiny it is easy to miss him.

Although not a silver dragon on the beta, this little sucker does seem to be quite rare. I've seen him up only once, and I was lucky (lol, or UNlucky) enough to have the opportunity to fight him. Also, for anyone wanting to add the Darkmoon Rabbit to NPCScan, his NPCID is 58336.


This adorable little fuzz ball has a terrifying ability called HUGE, SHARP TEETH! The debuff reads: A foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent is chewing through your neck. Fleeing in fear and healing effects reduced by 100%. So yeah, it's definitely a good idea for ranged and heals to stay as far away from this little guy as possible. Good luck melee, your going to need it.

Warlocks and hunters were originally able to solo him when he was first discovered because he didn't use any special abilities on their pets. This is no longer the case at the moment, as those pets are basically chopped to bits when sent in to attack.

Our raid group was able to kill him, but it went anything but smoothly. Someone started the fight prematurely (naturally) before anyone could explain anything so it was extremely chaotic - which was rather appropriate I guess considering the boss. Everyone was spread all over the beach so Mr. Evil bunny just hopped from person to person nom noming necks, while we took turns running back from the graveyard. See for yourself below. ~




Once this terrifying beast has been defeated, each member of the raid will receive the achievement That Rabbit's Dynamite!

We better not risk another frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite!

One very lucky person will also receive the epic quality pet that looks just like Mr. Evil Bunny himself, the Darkmoon Rabbit. Those into pet battling will probably also find this little guy very attractive, as he use's his Huge, Sharp Teeth! to battle other pets. 

Your very own cuddly evil death rabbit


11 comments:

  1. After finding and fight this guy a few months ago, I'm hoping to get the pet and achievement sometime on live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm not going to keep my hopes up on the pet though. That things looks like it is going be be very VERY rare indeed.

      Delete
  2. Oh I can't wait for my encounter with this evil little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All chaos and dying aside, it was quite the fun fight!

      Delete
  3. OMG! That was wonderful! And you all did it without a holy hand grenade! I wonder if any melee were even able to get a hit in, he was really on the move silly rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, poor melee had it rough. Melee and my poor pink birdie...omg, every time I sent my poor pet in he'd get munched on instantly.

      Delete
  4. SWEEEEEEET...... Got the Achiev tonight. Took 40 of us (Horde) about 5-10mins.
    once you get past the constant misses and actually hit it the damage starts to slowly get through.
    being a Mage I didn't have to constantly run around like the melee (quite funny to watch)
    didn't win the furry little bugger though :-(
    server first for the person that did so well done to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the kill! and yeah, melee have it pretty darn rough with this little guy.

      Delete
  5. i got the achievement and the pet the first time i killed him won with a roll of 94 but we only needed 25 people to kill him but took alittle longer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been camping it alot, and by so far with 4 spawns the spawn time has always been between 26 to 29 hours.

    ReplyDelete