Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lost and Found Achievement: Where to Find Lost Treasures in Pandaria

One of the things I've been having a lot of fun doing in game recently is hunting for the rare lost treasures across Pandaria. These things are more rare than the actual "rares" making them a really fun challenge to try and find. These items are all part of a series of achievements starting with Lost and Found, Finder's Keepers, One Man's Trash... and finally Is Another Man's Treasure. The final achievement grants the title <the Relic Hunter>.

Yaungol Fire Carrier
Most of the items that count toward the achievements are very interesting in that they are bind on account. These are bind on account weapons that can be sent to your level 85-86 alts! There is something for pretty much every class too (except for hunters, they kind of got shafted here). Most of these rare items are looted from containers of the same name as the item itself. A few items that count for the achievement are from chests that can contain several different objects. There are also rare npcs that will give players an item upon interacting with them which will then despawn immediately after. There are also a couple of ultra-rare cooking recipes too!

WARNING: When you find an item, make sure that you will not be interrupted while picking it up. If you move when trying to loot, the loot window can disappear and the item you were trying to loot will disappear along with it.

I've marked locations on the map below to indicate where each item can be found, along with a brief description further detailing the more precise area to find each object. I have also color-coded them by different type of item. For example: all of the items on the map below marked in green are from npcs that can be added right into NPCScan. NPCScan will pick up these rare npcs if they are up, but they have to be added manually.

Map is quite detailed - Please Click to Enlarge

(To see an even larger image of this map you can also right click the image and view it in another tab. From there you should be able to zoom even further.)

In order to receive the final achievement you will need to find at least 20 of the listed objects below. I have grouped them by zone, and the letters on the left correspond to the map above. The links on the left are of the container or npc to be found, and the right links are what you will get from each. (Be aware that a specific character can only see and loot each item once.)

The Jade Forest
A Wodin's Mantid Shanker -->  Wodin's Mantid Shanker
D Jade Warrior Statue (NPC 64272) -->  Jade Infused Blade
E Ancient Jinyu Staff -->   Ancient Jinyu Staff

Valley of the Four Winds
B Cache of Pilfered Goods --> item level 419 bop necklaces

Krasarang Wilds
A Equipment Locker --> item level 419 boots

Kun-Lai Summit
A Frozen Trail Packer (NPC 64227) -->  Kafa Press 

Townlong Steppes
A Yaungol Fire Carrier -->  Yaungol Fire Carrier

Dread Wastes
H Blade of the Prime -->  Blade of the Prime
I Wind-Reaver's Dagger of Quick Strikes -->  Wind-Reaver's Dagger of Quick Strikes
J Malik's Stalwart Spear -->  Malik's Stalwart Spear

For those of you who use tomtom for waypoints, here is a list of waypoints for the objects below. (Thanks to wowhead user moeldtchen for this wonderful list.) All you need to do is copy and paste them into a macro in game. (To paste the copied macro in game simply create a new macro, name it anything you want and then hit ctrl-v.)

/way The Jade Forest 47.1 67.4 Ancient Jinyu Staff
/way The Jade Forest 46.2 71.2 Ancient Jinyu Staff
/way The Jade Forest 44.9 64.6 Ancient Jinyu Staff
/way The Jade Forest 43.0 11.6 Hammer of Ten Thunders
/way Dread Wastes 66.8 63.8 Blade of the Prime

/way The Jade Forest 46.1 29.1 Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick
/way The Jade Forest 44.1 27.0 Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick
/way The Jade Forest 43.8 30.7 Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick
/way Krasarang Wilds 52.3 88.7 Barrel of Banana Infused Rum

/way Dread Wastes 28.8 41.9 Blade of the Poisoned Mind
/way Dread Wastes 25.9 50.3 Bloodsoaked Chitin Fragment
/way Dread Wastes 30.2 90.8 Dissector's Staff of Mutation
/way The Jade Forest 41.8 17.6 Hammer of Ten Thunders

/way Kun-Lai Summit 51.5 74.0 Hozen Warrior Spear
/way Dread Wastes 33.0 30.1 Amber Encased Necklace
/way Dread Wastes 48.7 30.0 Malik's Stalwart Spear
/way Valley of the Four Winds 15.4 29.1 Staff of the Hidden Master

/way Krasarang Wilds 50.8 49.3 Pandaren Fishing Spear
/way Valley of the Four Winds 17.5 35.7 Staff of the Hidden Master
/way Dread Wastes 56.8 77.6 Swarming Cleaver of Ka'roz
/way Valley of the Four Winds 19.1 37.9 Staff of the Hidden Master

/way Valley of the Four Winds 15.0 33.7 Staff of the Hidden Master
/way Valley of the Four Winds 19.0 42.5 Staff of the Hidden Master
/way Kun-Lai Summit 71.2 62.6 Stash of Yaungol Weapons
/way Kun-Lai Summit 70.0 63.8 Stash of Yaungol Weapons

/way Dread Wastes 54.2 56.4 Swarmkeeper's Medallion
/way Kun-Lai Summit 44.7 52.4 Tablet of Ren Yun
/way Dread Wastes 71.8 36.1 Wind-Reaver's Dagger of Quick Strikes
/way The Jade Forest 39.4 7.3 Wodin's Mantid Shanker

/way Townlong Steppes 66.3 44.7 Yaungol Fire Carrier
/way Townlong Steppes 66.8 48.0 Yaungol Fire Carrier
/way The Jade Forest 39.26 46.65 Jade Warrior Statue
/way Dread Wastes 42.0 62.2 Glinting Rapana Whelk
/way Krasarang Wilds 42.3 92.0 Equipment Locker

/way Dread Wastes 42.2 63.6 Glinting Rapana Whelk
/way Dread Wastes 41.6 64.6 Glinting Rapana Whelk
/way Valley of the Four Winds 45.4 38.2 Ghostly Pandaren Craftsman

/way Valley of the Four Winds 43.5 37.4 Cache of Pilfered Goods
/way Kun-Lai Summit 74.7 74.9 Sprite's Cloth Chest
/way Valley of the Four Winds 46.8 24.6 Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman

Good luck and happy treasure hunting to all! Yaaaaarrrrrr!!! 

(If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out Where to Find the Riches of Pandaria as well!)

14 comments:

  1. I've only found the Ancient Pandaren Woodcutter and that was by accident. Thank you! I think I might get TomTom again and go looking, well, as soon as I finish pet battling, and leveling a Monk and ... well sometime soon anyway, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's great Euphy! I was just making my Jade Forest map (using your map) and putting all the Lost and Found on it. But now I can look at this as well instead of going back and forth to WoWhead! Sigh, as if I haven't got enough to do now I've got treasure hunting to do!
    Well, now I can make my zone map with your permission and copy the points off this map too :) What would I do without Euphy to help me with all my rares???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, interesting timing we both have. =P I don't mind if you use it at all! =)

      Delete
  3. Finally got the last achievement for this last night. The last two days I've found a bunch. I flew over all of them Tuesday after I got home and none of the ones I didn't have were up. I happened to detour past the Ghostly Craftsman on my way to Krasarang for the new ships landing thing, and he was up so he must have just spawned in the short amount of time since I'd checked him first when I logged in before continuing to look for the others. So I figured I might as well do another full loop looking for more. Immediately found the Hidden Master's Staff too, and the Yaungol Weapon. Last night I log in, and found Wind Reavers Dagger, Swarmkeepers Medallion, Glinting Rapana Welk, and Frozen Trail Packer. Didn't actually even need the last two as I got the achievement on Swarmkeepers. Big change from searching and searching and being lucky if I found any in a whole week.

    You should also do a post on the Riches of Pandaria. That was another fun one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grats on the Achievement! I love that it gives a title. =)

      I do plan on doing a post on Riches of Pandaria as well. Not sure when I'll have it up, but hopefully soon!

      Delete
  4. Has anyone figured a respawn time on these items? I've been looking for the dagger in the jade forest for over a month now with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spawn timers are fairly long. Much longer than the rare champions. Just this morning my husband looted Malik's Stalwart Spear around 5:30am and it didn't show up again for my character until somewhere between 11am - noon.

      I'm also still looking for that darn dagger. Don't give up though! It'll show up sooner or later. =)

      Delete
  5. There are some reports of respawns being longer than a day with people camping them. If you can be on after a reset, that seems to be the best time. It also appeared to be spawning in groups, but that could just be due to others happening to find multiple at one time too causing their respawn countdowns to be close together. That's the fun though when you get the rush finding one. You don't get much of a rush if they are pretty common.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for this guide found 3 weapons for my alts thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't managed to find any of the items in Jade Forest on my Paladin (yet at least) but I managed to find the Miner's pick in the Greenstone Mine on my druid while leveling her. I thank you for this map, it's been a giant help. :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 2 lvl 86 toons so I have to run around and sometimes die from 90s mobs but sofar I have 13 of these items and 2each of ten thunder hammers and the swarming cleaver for my titans grip warrior!! Thanks and I love that my warrior is all OP with these weps at only 86-87 hehe!! Was worth the effort, and in couple more days I will have title!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot man))) had 1,now i have 17.And its only by one night)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found 4 of them in Dread Wastes in an hour. Polearm, Staff, Trinket, and Neck. Guess I got lucky:p

    ReplyDelete